Production: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Location: Durham Region
Term: September 2021 – March 2022
Commitment: Sunday Afternoons
September 12, 19, 26
October 3, 17, 24, 31 (no class Oct 10/Thanksgiving weekend)
November 7, 14, 21, 28
December 5, 12, 19 (no classes over Christmas break Dec – Jan )
January 9, 16, 23, 30
February 6, 13, 20, 27
Dress Rehearsal: Friday, March 4, 2022
Performances: Saturday, March 5 and Sunday, March 6, 2022
Classes will be held at the Northminster United Church (Rossland and Simcoe) in Oshawa.
Final performance theatre venue TBA.
Performers, ages 7-16, will participate in this double streamed musical theatre program in preparation for a production of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. Every participant will have a role or be featured in some way in the final presentation regardless of previous experience. You do not need to audition to be in this program. We will determine production roles based on class assessments and role auditions in the fall. Students will be assigned to groups based on their age and skill level.
It is our intention to run this program in person in the Fall as restrictions lift. As always, we will do so in full accordance with the COVID safety guidelines set out by the province.
How do the streams work?
Students should register in either the Recreational or the Advanced stream. Both streams will receive the same amount of attention and all students will get to perform at the end of the season on stage. The major difference is that the advanced stream will move more quickly and the material will be more challenging. You must have previous experience to register for the advanced stream.
Not sure which stream?
If you can identify with any of the following statements, you should enrol in our recreational stream:
“My child loves to sing, dance and act. They have limited experience, but tons of passion!”
“My child has performed in three or less productions. They feel confident on stage, but have no formal voice or dance training.”
“My child sings in the school choir and loves drama class, but has limited dance experience.”
If you can identify with any of the following statements, you should enrol in our advanced stream:
“My child has formal dance training, formal voice training and has been in several productions.”
“My child attends a performing arts school for dance, drama or vocal music.”
“My child sings in a choir, has been in a play, has some experience with dance and picks up music and choreography quickly.”
*As a reminder, one stream is not better than the other and all children will be mixed together for the final productions. We want all students to thrive and succeed and placement is important. If you’re unsure, you can reach out to our Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW THIS YEAR!
– Pending COVID restrictions, we will be entering a festival this year in addition to performing live at the end of the season. More details to come as COVID restrictions are lifted and material is made available.
– We will be double casting this production so that we can offer performance opportunities to two sets of leads. Leads will be assigned only by audition in the Fall.
– We will have an open house before the Winter break for parents to come in and see what we have been working on.
– Due to COVID restrictions, we cannot yet confirm the final production’s theatre venue but will do so as soon as we are able.
Included in this program:
– Quality acting, voice and dance instruction in a safe and inclusive environment alongside industry professionals.
– Private and small group coaching.
– An opportunity to perform on a stage in front of family and friends.
– A headshot & pizza party!
There will be no extra cost for costumes.Although this program will be fun, we also expect full commitment from all participants. This includes reviewing music and lines in between sessions and a commitment to attendance.
Investment: $678.00 ($600+hst)
Please send payment of $678.00 via e-transfer to email@example.com
*Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Testimonials from Previous Production Programming:
– Kathleen & Mike Kelly
– Michelle Wright
– Mary Lynden
– April Kean
– Tanya Cochrane (parent)
– Anna Mantia
– April Graham
– Sharon Pashayan
– Jennifer Longpre
– Christie Wilcox
– Anne Martin
– Kim Myers